“Left of Black” Host and Duke University Professor Mark Anthony Neal is joined in-studio by actress and playwright Chaunesti Webb, creator and director of the new play I Love My Hair When It’s Good: & Then Again When It Looks Defiant and Impressive. Neal and Webb discuss the relationship that Black women have with their hair and the broader cultural meanings associated with Black women’s hair. Webb also talks about her play, which opens at the Manbites Dog Theater in Durham, North Carolina on March 8th.
- THREE more performances, Saturday, 2/1, Friday, 2/7, Saturday, 2/8!
- Visual Art Exhibition: Clara K. Johnson
- FREE Event: I Love My Hair / I Love My Body
- I LOVE MY HAIR: The Remix | Promo Video Release!
- ILMH supports Genesis Home!
- I LOVE MY HAIR REMIX 2014
- ILMH honored in Indy Week’s “The Year in Triangle Theater 2012”
- I LOVE MY HAIR is going to to Boulder, CO for one show only!
January 16 – February 1, 2014
I LOVE MY HAIR The Play Returns to Manbites Dog Theater in Durham!